ZOOM H8 - The Only Recorder That Adapts to Your Way of Creating12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface, the H8 is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
There's An App For Your Workflow
Whether you're capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project's needs with three App-driven interface options. All with the touch of your finger.
The Podcast App
The PODCAST App makes producing your podcast simple. With dedicated Sound Pads, use the touch screen to trigger sound effects, music beds and more. Choose from 13 high quality sounds or load your own via an SD card. The Podcast App accommodates up to 4 mics and two Sound Pad channels.
The Music App
The MUSIC App puts all the important controls at your fingertips: audio levels, faders, metering and more. With 10 inputs and 12 tracks, capturing a large group is easy. Mix, overdub, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression. Connect to Zoom's Guitar Lab via USB to access an endless assortment of amps and effects.
The Field App
The FIELD App is ideal for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. Adjust input type, lo-cut, compression, limiter, noise gate, and other key settings.
XYH-6 Mic Capsule
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone. This capsule provides two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing signal directly in front of the recorder. With the Zoom mic capsule system you can easily swap capsules to ensure you're always using the right mic for the job.
Inputs & Outputs
H8 offers 4 XLR inputs with dedicated pad switches and gain control. 2 additional XLR/TRS combo jacks with Hi-Z switches allow you to capture line level signals, microphones, or directly record electric guitars and basses.
Monitor tracks using the built-in 1/8" headphone output or connect directly to your camera using the dedicated stereo line output.
The Zoom H8 comes with a free download license for Cubase LE and Steinberg's WaveLab Cast software. WaveLab Cast helps you to finalize your project with a wide range of comprehensive editing, mixing, and refinement tools.
WaveLab Cast features useful tools for all applications. Extract audio for video, lower unwanted noise, change levels and more. WaveLab Cast supports up to 96KHz audio quality and includes a high-end re-sampler. RestoreRig removes noise and unwanted sounds. You can assemble new files using the snap functions and crossfade options. Once youre done, export your sound files in any popular audio format.
• 3 distinct interfaces for field recording, music and podcasting
• Interchangeable input capsules
• 12-track simultaneous recording
• Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
• Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
• Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In mini phone jack
• Phantom power for all six XLR mic inputs: +24/+48V
• Large color LCD touchscreen display
• Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
• Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
• Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
• Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
• Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
• Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
• Over 15 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
• H8 Handy Recorder
• XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
• AA Batteries (x4)
• Quick Guide
Number of input channels: 8 (XY mic capsule, 1-4, A, B)
Number of output channels: 1 (combined stereo headphone/line)
MIC IN: ZOOM mic connector
INPUT 1-4: XLR jacks (2: HOT)
INPUT A/B: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
USB: USB Micro-B (audio interface, mass storage and Guitar Lab connection functions)
Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. Operation using USB bus power is possible.
REMOTE: ZOOM BTA-1 or other dedicated wireless adapter
LINE OUT: 3.5 mm stereo mini
PHONE OUT: 3.5 mm stereo mini
+24 V/+48 V (independent ON/OFF for INPUTS 14, A and B)
Recording media: Cards that support SD/SDHC/SDXC specifications
• WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo
• MP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps
Maximum simultaneous recording tracks:
12 (MIC IN, backup recording, 1-4, A, B, and LR)
Multitrack mode: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 12-in/2-out
Stereo mix mode: 44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit, 2-in/2-out
Chromatic/Guitar/Bass/Open A/Open D/Open E/Open G/DADGAD
Built-in speaker: 400 mW 8Ω mono speaker
Display: 2.4" (320240) full-color touchscreen LCD
• 4 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
• AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1A
• USB bus power
• H8: 116.4 mm 163.3 mm 48.6 mm / 4.6" x 6.4" x 1.9"
• XYH-6: 78.9 mm 60.2 mm 45.2 mm / 3.1" x 2.4" x 1.8"
• H8: 354 g / 0.78 lb
• XYH-6: 130 g / 0.29 lb