Boss SY-1 Synthesizer Pedal
Regular price Sale price $238.00
Unit price / per
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Journey to New Sonic FrontiersWith the SY-1, it's never been easier to infuse your creative arsenal with BOSS's legendary guitar synth technology. This amazingly expressive tool is filled with 121 ultra-responsive sounds, all distilled down into a BOSS compact pedal that slides easily into any setup. Best of all, it's as simple to use as a standard stompbox, so you don't need any background in synth programming to bring a new world of sonic textures to your music.
SY-1 Sound Types
• LEAD 1/2: A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
• PAD: Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
• BASS: Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
• STR: Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
• ORGAN: A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
• BELLPercussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
• SFX 1/2: A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
• SEQ 1/2: Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.
Expressive Synth Sounds, No Programming Needed
The SY-1 transforms any guitar or bass into a versatile synthesizer that's fun, inspiring, and ready to play. Backed by advanced tech first developed for the SY-300, this super-cool pedal delivers a huge selection of analog-style synth sounds while occupying minimal space on your board. What's more, all the sounds are polyphonic, allowing you to play both single notes and chords.
Plug-and-Play and Latency-Free
The SY-1 can be used with any guitar or bass via a standard 1/4-inch cable, providing an easy, plug-and-play experience. Thanks to custom DSP and the latest BOSS innovations, the SY-1 offers latency-free performance that's a natural extension of your instrument, letting you to play freely and organically without altering your normal technique in any way.
Enhance Performances with Real-Time Control
The SY-1 offers a numbers of ways to make your synth performances even more dynamic and expressive. Pressing and holding the pedal switch sustains the last-played synth sound, allowing you to jam with regular guitar over the top. You can also connect an external footswitch for tap tempo and octave-shift effects, or plug in an expression pedal for continuous Tone/Rate control.
Nominal Input Level: INPUT, RETURN: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: INPUT, RETURN: 2.2 M ohms
Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT, SEND: -20 dBu
Output Impedance: OUTPUT, SEND: 1 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass
Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw: 85 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 3 hours
• Pedal switch
• GUITAR/BASS switch
• TYPE knob
• VARIATION knob
• TONE knob
• DEPTH knob
• EFFECT knob
• DIRECT knob
• INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
• OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
• SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
• RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
• EXP/CTL jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
• DC IN jack
• Owner's manual
• Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
• Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Dimensions: 5-1/8" x 2-7/8" x 2-3/8" / 129mm x 73mm x 59mm
Weight (including battery): 1 lb / 450 g